Guest Post (+ FREE eBook): BFF or Frenemy by Lorraine Campbell and Pam Burks8/02/2013
- She’s been texting your boyfriend – and NOT to arrange your surprise birthday party.
- She forwards your gossipy, bitchy, wildly indiscrete email to her entire contact list.
- She chooses the fanciest restaurants, orders the most expensive wine and sticks you with the bill.
- She shoplifts while you’re with her and gets you both arrested.
- She crashes your car while drunk then blithely admits she has no insurance.
- She uses you as her alibi then reveals to the world that the two of you were lying.
- She posts a horrendous photo of you cross-eyed drunk – and uses it as her screensaver.
- She offers to babysit for your vital meeting and cancels just as you’re leaving the house.
- She makes a pass at your dad… in front of your mum.
- She dates your brother and breaks his heart.
- You can never get through on her cellphone – the bitch has blocked you.
- She’s unfriended you from Facebook – do you need more clues?
We are Lorraine Campbell and Pam Burks, two (of four) sisters separated by the Atlantic Ocean and now connected as xco-authors of Ellie Campbell, an excuse for endless phone conversations and countless daily emails. Our novels How To Survive Your Sisters and When Good Friends Go Bad, published by Arrow (UK) and available world-wide, were recently launched by Amazon in the USA, along with our latest, Looking For La La (which just reached #1 in Kindle Free Top 100 bestsellers.) We are equally passionate about writing, travel, horses, dogs, and the great outdoors. Originally from Scotland, Pam now lives in Reigate, not far from London, with fitness-obsessed husband, three grown children and a Norfolk Terrier, while Lorraine is on a 10 acre Colorado ranch near wild and wonderful Boulder with her amazingly-tolerant spouse, three white horses, five cats, one black fuzzy whoodle dog and ten chickens. We both believe in enjoying life to the fullest, be it digging up carrots in the allotment, listening to audio books while scooping manure in the corrals, or going on a trail ride in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. And we’re utterly convinced all our problems can be solved by a glass of wine, a bar of chocolate and a good laugh with friends.